Buttery and flaky scones that melt in your mouth. These scones have lots of fresh strawberries that are fresh and fruity when eaten right out of the oven. The perfect Summer breakfast!
- 2 ¼ Cups Flour
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 115g cold Butter, cubed
- 1 ½ Cups fresh Strawberries, chopped
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Icing Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Light your Cobb, and leave for several minutes until the Cobblestone is grey.
- Set the Fenced Roast Rack on top of the grill grid or use a COBB Pizza Stone and close the dome lid.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the cold butter to the bowl and using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour. Or rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips. Continue until a crumbly consistency is produced. Stir in the chopped strawberries.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg into the milk. Pour the milk mixture into the flour and stir together with your hands with a baking spatula until combined. Work gently and be careful to not over-mix the batter.
- Spread a little flour on a flat work surface. Dump the batter onto the floured work surface and pat down to make a 20cm disc. Cut into 8 equal wedges.
- Place wedges on the roast rack lined with baking paper, or on top of the pizza stone (sprinkled with a little flour).
- Cover with the hood lid and bake for about 18-20 minutes. The scones should be just starting to brown on top. If using the roast rack it may be necessary to flip the scones over after 10 minutes.
- Remove from the Cobb and let cool slightly.
- Make the drizzle by mixing the icing sugar with the milk until dissolved. Drizzle over all the scones.